India Sees Less Than 60,000 Fresh Covid Cases For First Time In 81 Days
India coronavirus updates: More than 5.5 Cr Vaccine doses administered in the age group 18-44, so far, the Health Ministry said.
India’s Covid chart continued to show improvement today, with the country recording 58,419 cases, the lowest in 81 days. India, the second-worst hit country, now has 2.98 crore cases. Active cases now comprise 2.44% of the total infections.
- Active cases have decreased by 30,776 in the last 24 hours to take the tally to 7,29,243. The daily recoveries have been outnumbering the fresh infections for 38 consecutive day now. About 87,619 patients recovered in the last 24 hours.
- Kerala contributed 12,443 cases to the country’s daily numbers, the most among the states. It was followed by Maharashtra (8,912 cases) and Tamil Nadu (8,183 cases).
- The country witnessed 1,576 virus-related deaths during the period – the lowest in 63 days, taking the total number of fatalities to 3.86 lakh. But there have been reports of under counting in states like Bihar and Maharashtra.
- In Bihar, the High Court pulled up Nitish Kumar government on Saturday over what it called the state’s reluctance to publish the number of fatalities during the Covid pandemic period.
- Many states have begun easing Covid-related lockdown norms amid the receding second Covid wave. The Telangana government on Saturday announced reopening of all educational institutions from July 1.