Chandra Grahan 2022: Sutak kaal time, dos and don’ts during world’s last total lunar eclipse until 2025
As the Earth, moon and sun align to produce a total lunar eclipse for the last time until 2025, here are some do's and don'ts to follow during the sutak kaal time of Chandra Grahan 2022 as it is regarded as an inauspicious period by Hindus.
The Chandra Grahan sutak kaal will start at 09:21am in India and end at 06:18pm where the period preceding the eclipse is known as Sutak and is regarded as an inauspicious period by Hindus. According to Drik Panchang, Lunar Eclipse Sutak is observed for 3 Prahars before the eclipse or Sutak is observed for 9 hours before Lunar Eclipse i.e. before the actual start of the Chandra Grahan.
Sutak time for kids, old and sick people will begin at 2:48pm and will end at 6:18pm. As the Earth, moon and sun align to produce a total lunar eclipse for the last time until 2025, here are some do’s and don’ts to follow during the sutak kaal time of Chandra Grahan 2022:
- It is generally suggested to stay indoors and avoid doing new things or starting any new work during the lunar eclipse.
- Drinking water, brushing teeth, combing hair, oil massage, visiting the loo or using the washroom and involving in sexual activities are prohibited during the lunar eclipse.
- There is a strict belief to not let pregnant women venture out during the lunar eclipse nor cut or stitch any cloth or carry sharp objects like scissors, blade, knife or do any other similar activities as they can have adverse effects on the baby.
- All type of food items either solid or liquid are prohibited during sutak kaal and eclipse.
- According to Chandra Grahan dos and don’ts, Tulsi leaves must be put in the food items till the time there is an eclipse on the moon.
- Pray that the moon will soon be free from the grip of Rahu.
- Take a holy bath before and after eclipse to cleanse the body and soul.