Happy Doctors’ Day: Quotes and wishes to thank doctors
July 1 is observed as National Doctor’s Day in India to mark the birth and the death anniversary of Dr Bidhan Chandra Roy.
National Doctors’ Day is celebrated on July 1 in India every year. The day honours the birth and death anniversary of physician and second chief minister of West Bengal, Dr Bidhan Chandra Roy. The day celebrates the doctors and healthcare workers who have been serving the people by risking their lives.
National Doctor’s Day History
National Doctor’s Day was first observed by the Indian Medical Association (IMA) in India on July 1, 1991, to mark the birth and the death anniversary of Dr Bidhan Chandra Roy.
Dr Roy was born on July 1, 1882. He died on the same date in 1962, at the age of 80. He played an important role in the establishment of the Medical Council of India and the Indian Medical Association. He was also conferred with the honour of Bharat Ratna, on February 4, 1961.
Doctors’ Day quotes
- “The doctor of the future will give no medicine but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet and in the cause and prevention of disease.” – Thomas Edison
- “Medicines cure diseases, but only doctors can cure patients.” – Carl Jung
- “Our profession is the only one which works unceasingly to annihilate itself.” – Martin H Fischer
- “People pay the doctor for his trouble; for his kindness they still remain in his debt.” – Seneca
- “Only a Life Lived for Others Is a Life Worthwhile.” — Albert Einstein
- “Always Remember the Privilege It Is To Be a Physician.” ― Daniel P Logan
Doctors’ Day wishes
- Only a doctor is blessed with the magical powers to treat a life, to bring health into our lives and to be there with us when we have lost all the hopes. Happy Doctors’ Day!
- A doctor is bestowed with the eye to see and treat weakness in mankind. He is the one who can give us hope when we are in doom. Happy Doctors’ Day!
- This world has become a better and healthier place to live in with doctors bringing the joy of health and goodness to our lives. Happy Doctor’s Day!
- Thanks to the doctors for letting us have the opportunity to lead a healthy and risk-free life! Our society owes them a lot. Happy Doctor Day!
- You are more than just a doctor, you are a friend and guide too, So here’s a special wish coming your way. Happy National Doctor’s Day!
- A dentist like you is the one who is behind so many smiles. Thank You for giving others the confidence to smile with sparkles. Happy Doctors Day to you!